March 22, 2009

82. Laurie Anderson: O Superman (For Massenet)

When I started this, I figured 5 minute songs. So I figured 10 minutes to listen to them twice (writing during the second run through) and 2 minutes to find video or other stuff to post, for 12 minutes a song. That meant 5 songs an hour, which meant I would need to spend 100 hours to finish this blog. I didn't count on every single fucking song in the 1980-1982 section having only 7-10 minute songs.

This is the second song that made me check the name of the reviewer (Nitsuh Abebe) to make sure I knew to not bother to read his reviews from this point on (PF500 gives the initials after each review, but gives a roster of reviewers at the start).

It's IS a difficult 8 minutes of "ah ah ah ahs." And a lady talking into a synthesizer about idiotic early 1980s art school shit. And not much else. Per Mr. Abebe, Reagan made her do this.

RATING: 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment